Search This Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2013

U.S.-Russia feud over Snowden cuts both ways - latimes.com

I found this article to be very enlightening!  I wondered why Russia agreed to allow Snowden to stay there.  Now I completely understand!

U.S.-Russia feud over Snowden cuts both ways - latimes.com:

Why would Russia send Snowden back to us, when we don't do the same thing for them!  In addition we grab their citizens from other countries and try them for offenses.  I wonder if those Russian citizens actually received a fair trial in the US?  Will require some additional research, I suppose.

Many people say Snowden was a hero --but I think most Americans believe he was a traitor.  He did expose some questionable practices within NSA.  I think if he wanted to take his concern through the proper channels, he probably would have been thrown in jail for a long time --even if the information didn't make it to the public.

I hate seeing classified information be released without careful thought.  Snowden's release was disastrous!  There really needs to be an agency where citizens can take such complaints and know that they would be handled fairly.  Would he take it to Congress?  A Judge?  The Attorney General?  Where would a person with a concern like that go?  Certainly not to his company management, and not to his "customer" at NSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment